History of the Brudermuehle
The Brudermühle is mentioned for the first time documentarily 1314 a.D. in a letter of the Bishop to the King Otto. It was the supply mill of the castle of the Babenberger and town center of Bamberg the old.
898 was count Adalbert of Babenberg with its brothers owner of castle and mills. The rich confiscated the possession of the Babenberger and 906 left 975 castle and belongings to the Bavarian duke Heinrich, the Zänker.
The son and heir emperors Heinrich II. both submitted Kunigunde of Luxembourg to his wife as morning gift. When the marriage remained childless the complete king good was left to the newly founded diocese Bamberg as a gift 1007; the brother mill also came into the feudal lord shaft of the cathedral chapter. This tenure lasted through the centuries.
In the course of the centuries many millers managed the brother mill and fought for the water and fish rights again and again. The mill except for the foundation walls burned low four times.
Today's making was set up after the fire 1762 and is with an excellent House-Madonna since then presumable out of the workshop of the sculptor Leonhard Gollwitzer - adorned. As a flour mill the brother mill was operated until middle of the 19th century.
The city of Bamberg took the building and 1888 established here its first waterworks. The old waterwheels served for the current extraction later, too. 1922 was these waterworks shut down and a municipal point examining job set up here for this. In 1976 Sophia and Wolfram Zachert und Toni Schnk bought the brother mill, and redeveloped the venerable house after strictly monument nursing points of view.
The first guests could be welcomed by Erna and Georg Vogler from the twin towns Villach and Rodez on May 30th, 1980. The revitalised house was introduced to the Bamberg public only on October 17th, 1980. The Vogler Family has combined Bamberg’s tradition and a modern catering trade to a harmonious harmony. The brother mill is a popular meeting place to the sociable get-together, the many entries of prominent visitors
The left wing of the Regnitz was put dryly along the brother mill because of building measures Octobers 1982.
In the year 2002/2003 the Brudermuehle got addition by the rebuilding of the opposite building to the guesthouse Mehlwaage. The Mehlwaage was the official count and scales place for the millers at the Regnitz for centuries. The Vogler family rebuilt the Mehlwaage to the guesthouse in arduous small work with love of the detail. The 4 Appartments, "Rottmeister", "Zaubergarten", "Rotkäppel" und "Geyerswörthblick" offer special views to the cathedral, the old city hall, the castle of Geyerswörth and the ensemble of Bamberg’s mills.
The first guests could be welcomed in April 2003.
Vogler family & employees